The Importance of Web Traffic
If you have a website then you already know the importance of web traffic. Web traffic is to Internet marketing as location is to real estate. It’s the only thing that really matters. If you cannot generate targeted visitors to your site, you will not make any sales.
Usually the owner or designer of the website is the person designated to drive web traffic to the site. The chief ingredient in generating web traffic is the search engine. Of coarse, you can use advertising, but it’s going to cost you. Using the search engines to generate targeted (interested in your product) web traffic is the least expensive method known.
Unfortunately, many website owners do not understand the importance of search engine visibility, which leads to web traffic. They place more importance on producing a “pretty” website. Not that this is bad, but it is really secondary to search engine placement. Hopefully, the following list of common mistakes, made by many website owners, will help you generate more targeted web traffic to your site…after all, isn’t that what you want.
1. Not using keywords effectively. This is probably one of the most critical area of site design. Choose the right keywords and potential customers will find your site. Use the wrong ones and your site will see little, if any, web traffic.
2. Repeating the same keywords. When you use the same keywords over and over again (called keyword stacking) the search engines may downgrade (or skip) the page or site.
3. Robbing pages from other websites. How many times have you heard or read that “this is the Internet and it’s ok” to steal icons and text from websites to use on your site. Don’t do it. Its one thing to learn from others who have been there and another to outright copy their work. The search engines are very smart and usually detect page duplication. They may even prevent you from ever being listed by them.
4. Using keywords that are not related to your website. Many unethical website owners try to gain search engine visibility by using keywords that have nothing at all to do with their website. They place unrelated keywords in a page (such as “sex”, the name of a known celebrity, the hot search topic of the day, etc.) inside a meta tag for a page. The keyword doesn’t have anything to do with the page topic. However, since the keyword is popular, they think this will boost their visibility. This technique is considered spam by the search engines and may cause the page (or sometimes the whole site) to be removed from the search engine listing.
5. Keyword stuffing. Somewhat like keyword stacking listed above, this means to assign multiple keywords to the description of a graphic or layer that appears on your website by using the “alt=” HTML parameter. If the search engines find that this text does not really describe the graphic or layer it will be considered spam.
6. Relying on hidden text. You might be inclined to think that if you cannot see it, it doesn’t hurt. Wrong…. Do not try to hide your keywords or keyword phrases by making them invisible. For example, some unethical designers my set the keywords to the same color as the background of the web page; thereby, making it invisible.
7. Relying on tiny text. This is another version of the item above (relying on hidden text). Do not try to hide your keywords or keyword phrases by making them tiny. Setting the text size of the keywords so small that it can barely be seen does this.
8. Assuming all search engines are the same. Many people assume that each search engine plays by the same rules. This is not so. Each has their own rule base and is subject to change anytime they so desire. Make it a point to learn what each major search engine requires for high visibility.
9. Using free web hosting. Do not use free web hosting if you are really serious about increasing site web traffic via search engine visibility. Many times the search engines will eliminate content from these free hosts.
10. Forgetting to check for missing web page elements.
Make sure to check every page in your website for completeness, like missing links, graphics, etc. There are sites on the web that will do this for free. This is just a few of the methods and techniques that you should avoid. Do not give in to the temptation that these methods will work for you. They will do more harm than good for your website. Not only will you spend weeks of wasted effort, you may have your site banned from the search engines forever. Invest a little time to learn the proper techniques for increasing search engine visibility and your net web traffic will increase.
(Article by: Hans Hasselfors)
Website Traffic Exchange Programs
Below you have a list of several good traffic exchange programs. Please use my links when you register to a site, it does not cost you and might even benefit you. The more people together in our group the better. Thanking you in advance.
EasyHits4U is the most popular traffic exchange program on the Web with over 930,000 registered members. Our program allows you to promote your own sites, referral/affiliate links from other programs, banner and text ads to other registered members, and build your own downline here. We have delivered large volumes of traffic to our members’ sites since 2003.
As you probably know, new traffic exchanges pop up every day, but the EasyHits4U traffic exchange is still growing rapidly and becoming more and more popular in the online marketing world. So what makes us so popular and why do so many people keep coming back to this website? You will find the answers as you read this quick guide.
For every site you visit (we call this “surfing”), you will receive one visitor back to your site. We provide a fair 1:1 exchange ratio. There’s no limit to the amount of free hits you can receive per day — 10, 100, or even 1,000. While surfing, you earn credits and receive bonuses on each prize page (credits, banner and text ad impressions, cash, Premium days, surf drawing tickets). Each credit you earn can be exchanged for one visitor to your page. Other terms will be explained below.
You can also convert credits into banner and text ad impressions on the “Conversions” page and assign them to your banners and text ads.
You can request payout to your PayPal account as soon as you earn the minimum of $3.00. You can also convert earned money into credits, impressions, or Premium days at any time.
What can you do on EasyHits4U?
Promote your own sites and referral links from other programs you use.
Promote your banners and text ads to other members.
Add your links to our reciprocal Links Directory.
Submit your articles to our Articles section, and much more.
TrafficMonsoon was established with a clear mission in mind: to provide high quality ad services for affordable prices, and share revenues for a perfect winning combination that will lead to the ultimate success of our customers.
We’ve each been through a hard road, and faced struggles and challenges in our way. Each of these experiences have given us strength, and desire to offer solutions to others who might be struggling to obtain quality services, and make it easier for people to finally earn money online.
We aspire to go beyond the standards set by others, and progress forward to raise the bar of excellence. We believe that true prosperity & success can be accomplished as our community shares its goals, and focuses on efforts to bring these services into the hands of those who need them most.
If we succeed in our mission, then the services we offer will have repeat buyers due to the quality and ability to deliver massive amounts of traffic, which will generate continuous sharing of revenues with those who participate in the program.
Zubb.it The best Traffic Program on the Internet
WHAT IS ZUBBit?
As Marketers We All Know That Internet Traffic Fuels Our Businesses, Without Internet Traffic Our Businesses Would Stop! ZUBBit is a new service that will let you tap into the fastest growing source on Internet Traffic today – CONTENT!
The FACT is most Internet Traffic is driven through Content. So as a Marketer you need to be Building Your Business through Content Driven Traffic.
And that’s Where ZUBBit Comes In!
ZUBBit is a new service launching in the summer of 2015 that will let you tap into Content Driven Traffic. So whatever you are promoting online ZUBBit is going to be THE tool to let you tap into the richest source of traffic out there.
We’ve also got a HOT new Affiliate program plugged into ZUBBit so you can both use the tool to drive traffic to your offer and also get affiliate sales for ZUBBit also. Our Affiliate Program will be WORLD-CLASS based on real cash flow and customer demand for a great product which delivers real long lasting results for our Affiliates.
We predict ZUBBit to go viral once launched so it’s a great opportunity to join ZUBBit right at the start. There will be a big demand for this service with a very strong customer base and cash flow so it’s a great opportunity for Affiliates to get involved in.
You have the potential to make money both using ZUBBit and promoting as an affiliate also if you wish.
As we get nearer to launch we will be releasing lots more information and sneak previews and for everyone who has Pre-Registered, you will be getting Early-Bird access both to use and promote this service when it’s live.
ZUBBit is owned by Ron Perkins and Phil Spilsbury. We have a long history in the Tech Sector and many years in the online world. We’ve worked on many large big multi-million dollar systems for massive organisations and know just what it takes to build a successful robust product/service that can succeed.
We operate ZUBBit from our company – The Covert Formula Ltd (Company Number: 09396217) – which is a fully incorporated business in the United Kingdom and European Union.
ZUBBit is just part of a number of products and services that our company is developing to help marketers online and also to offer first rate affiliate opportunities to people looking to make money online with quality products and services.
We have a road-map of opportunities stretching right into 2016 so there will be lots to get involved with if you are following us.
At the moment ZUBBit is in Pre-Registration and is invitation only so get back to the person who invited you to this group and ask them for a link to join.
Everyone who pre-registers will be getting the earliest access to both the system and the affiliate program.
So welcome to the group, if you have any questions we’ve not answered then get in touch with one of the admins.
Enjoy the Group and look forward to a massive launch.
*** *** ***
With kind regards
The Make Money Corp Team